cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity related Scale pricing not considered during Goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Group,

First thanks for looking into my issue. I tried to follow the solution in SAP Note 401941 on assessing the right unit price as it relates to the quantity received during Goods receipt, but my ABAP developers are very green at this time and they cannot figure out where to place this code fix and how it would work.

Background on issue.

From quantity of 1 to 99, I want the price to be 4.00 each

From quantity of 100 and above, I want the price to be 3.00 each.

When doing goods receipts for quantities that have not reached 100 yet, it is still assessing 3.00 each. I found the OSS note above that is really not helpful and was wondering if anyone else is using scale pricing and how their GRs are calculated for correct unit price.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Samantha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The scale pricing cannot be used to influence price during goods receipt. Goods Receipt will pick up the price from the purchasing document.

Suppose you want to have that the price be determined based on the quantity received over a period of time, you need to use rebate agreement.

The OSS note mentioned in your question says that you can determine the price based on the schedule line quantity during GR (not quantity at the time of GR). It will not solve your requirement.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the information. I will let my folks know they have to update the price manually. Or is there a way to adjust the price as soon as the quantity with higher price is received into inventory.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Samantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scale in inforecord is:

0 - 100 pcs USD 5 per pc

101 - 200 pcs USD 4 per pc

201 - 300 pcs USD 3 per pc.

Now PO for 150 pcs, price in PO is USD 4 per pc.

GR for 50 pcs - will be valuated at USD 4 per pc.

What is the business requirement in this case?

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshman,

It is the requirement of my client's that tooling cost be incorporated to the first 7000 pieces for a given part. After the cost has been paid via each piece price, it is taken out for all pieces after 7000 quantity and a true unit price is paid thereafter.

That is the business scenario.

Thanks,

Samantha