Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export iViews from QA to Prod Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an iView in QA portal, how can i transport to Prod. portal

Also created systems and system alias - can i move these too.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Sri,

Here is the steps to create a transport package:--

Follow this steps in Development server

First login into development server

1)Try to keep all the objects in one folder(say myfolder) under portal content.

2)Now come to system administrator->tranport-> tansport package->export- >portal content-> create a new folder

3)Select this new folder right click new transport package-> give the name and id->finish ->and close the transport package.

4)Now open the transport package which u have created just now.(make sure that u r transprt package is opend at right in content area)

5)Now select your folder which contains actual content(i.e iviews,pages,worksets,roles,etc ,, in this case my folder) right click add all objects to tansport package

6)Click on export button

7)Click on start export button

8)Download the export file using downlaod export file link

9)Save on your desktop

Now login into production server or quality server

Now importing the object inot quality server.

1)Go to system administartor->tansport->transport package-> import

2)Source for package file as client. click on browse and and select the .epa file which u have saved on to desktop (i.e from 9 step from above)

3)Click on upload

4)Select content to be overwritten as all and click on import

5)You get a message a import successful.

To check the object are present in your quality server or productin server

Go to the content administartor->portal content and check u r folder(i.e myfolder)

regards,

Mithilehwar

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes , creating a transport package will surely solve your porblem, IF you go according to Std. components in a transport package are Iview, pages, worksets, but you should not include system object although you can transport a system through transport package. If you transport a system also , use mapping will not get reflected, so you need to do user mapping again.

Once transport package is ready, export it and get an EPA file, now go to the Prod. portal, and import this file. and your iviews will be available under the same hierarchy.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the transport package. You can transport system, but I doubt with System Alias.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c5/56599164d0c04cb566ba0e2d7ed55c/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make a transport package through System Administration ® Transport ® Transport Packages .

Then Add all the objects you need to transport to this package from Portal Content

Export the package and then import it in the prod server using system Admin -> Transport -> import

Regards

Jayesh