Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_INPUT_SHIPPL - Shipment creation/Mod using Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have set up an external Transportation Planning System. And are trying to create Shipments in SAP using IDOCs from external system.

The External system has been configured. We are now getting an error saying Shipment XYZ has not been saved (V6 513). It does not give any other message other than this.

If we send some error value then the corresponding SAP application error message is shown, along with the above message.

This has eaten my brain for a week. Anyone solved this?

2 REPLIES 2

Sougata
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cyril,

Can you successfully post the IDoc using exactly the same data (for all the segments/fields) that is received from the external system in SAP via transaction WE19? Use the data in one of the failed IDocs to post this in test mode. What message do you get?

Also, I suppose the data is converted to IDoc format from the external system by a middleware? Is this middleware working correctly? To confirm, change SAP settings as not to post the IDoc immediately when received so that you can post it manually using BD87. Before you push it thru BD87, put a break point in the FM IDOC_INPUT_SHIPPL at the very beginning and check the IDoc segments/fields to confirm data is received correctly as SAP expects it. If data OK then put another "break point at message" statement to check what's going wrong.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Sougata.

okay, debug the FM then as I suggested above up to the error message.

Don't forget to reward points.

Message was edited by:

Sougata Chatterjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi thanks for the reply. We have been testing the interface using we19. There is no middleware. Also the guy who worked on it before me says he was able to create shippments using the same idoc.

This seems to be a common issue with this idoc.