Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

setConnectionProvider() vs commond logical system names

I inherited a project from a student that contains 1 webdynpro DC. There are 7 models defined with multiple RFCs per model.

Originally they had all their own meta and model data logical system names which resulted in a total of 14 JCOs defined in WebDynPro Content Administrator in Portal (2004s SP13).

I followed the instructions in the blog "How to change logical system names after model import" (/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/01/27/web-dynpro-adaptive-rfc--how-to-change-logical-system-names-after-model-import).

I did this. I defined one name for the model data and applied it to all 7 models and I defined 1 for the meta data and assigned it to all 7 models (in dictionary).

I then deployed my application and sure enough only 2 JCOs were created which is what I wanted. I edited them and my application works fine.

What I am trying to understand is the implication of this approach verus using the setConnectionProvider() method.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I am suspecting my approach is not really optimizing the # of connections to R/3 even though I have only 2 JCOs instead of 14 originally but I cannot find the info to help me figure this out.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question