cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET going away ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I was at TechEd 2007 Vegas and one of the presenters said that .NET was going away and SAP will have its own type of .NET does this mean existing .NET will not function when the new SAP version comes out or did I miss understand ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think tha .NET will go away (I'm pretty sure it will not ), we will ship the next vesion of .NET with VS 2008. Maybe the presenter talked about the Connector for Microsoft .NET, this connector will go away, SAP will not provide a new one. Instead of this SAP will provide the ES Explorer, also an Add-In for VS 2005 which allow you to connecto to the SAP systems in your landscape from .NET via Enterprise Services. Do you have any idea which session it was you have heard this?

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Microsoft has released source code of .Net frame work. So, It seems in future that software vendors like SAP can built and integrate thier own classes and interface inside the .net frame work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So does that mean existing .net will or will not work ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hi,

> Microsoft has released source code of .Net frame

> work. So, It seems in future that software vendors

> like SAP can built and integrate thier own classes

> and interface inside the .net frame work.

Not quite. Microsoft will allow you to look at the source code. They have not released it via any open source licence free for anyone to redevelop the framework or modify the base its for information/education only.

Any software vendor is free to build on top of the .NET framework and create new frameworks on top of the base framework.

Any software vendor can create a whole new language if they want that compile to MSIL and runs in the CLR, look at Microfocus and their Cobol.Net. Perhaps we could see ABAP.Net, god I hope not.

Only that speaker really knows what was meant by that, perhaps you could mail the speaker directly and post the reply here ? Or post the Speakers name and session details in this forum and someone or the speaker may respond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! ABAP.net could be released.

Message was edited by:

Abdul kader

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was joking about abap.net incase that wasn't clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I forget which speaker said that, I was in info overload when I heard that.

Thanks for the insight though.