cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Office 2007 integration with DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use MS Office 2003 integration (link fields) with DMS. We are planning to upgrade MS Office to 2007. Does anyone know of any show stoppers or impact to DMS functions (link fields in originals) when upgrading to Office 2007?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Nirmal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmal,

Would like to know some info,

Did you open the document of MS office 2003 thru EAI viewer or %AUTO%....

If EAI viewer is used , check which version is currently installed with SAP R/3.

Some time with lower version of integrated viewer you can't see the new version of MS documents.

I feel if you have given only %AUTO% for viewing purpose you will not find any difficulty from upgradation point of you.

Let me know whats the staus from your side.

Regards,

Murali.S

<i>If useful award points</i>

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

as I know there is no problem or change in the functionality of Office Integration with MS Office 2007. The same parameters for transaction DC30 should work also with Office 2007.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Appreciate your responses. I tested the functionality and it seems to work ok so far. I ran into one issue with Excel where it gave me an error about the format and there was an error in loading the document. Found one note that indicates that this is a SAPGUI issue and need to be at a certain patch level. I am going to try that and see if it works.

Thanks

Nirmal