cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill and then SHIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have created a contract and a SO . But now i want to bill them and later ship it. How can i do that .

Thanks in Advance

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think u have to delivery and then bill

vl01n and then vf01

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I am not sure...but, check this once....

For sales document type, in VOV8, in Billing screen, put F2 for only order related billing type. Keep blank in delivery realted billing type.

now create a sales document with the above document type and try to create billing document before a delivery document.

Reward if helpful,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Try changing your item category billing relevancy to G - order relevant billing for delivery quantities.

I never tried this but i think that this might allow you to achieve your objective.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I would like to clarify something here....That checkbox is for delivering the text and value items and will only work if you choose either A or B in item type. That option is provided by SAP so that you can copy your text or value items into your delivery for printing it on various delivery related outputs. Those items does not reduce from the inventory or stock. SAP will not allow this setting to work with the standard Items as that is the basic check SAP has in item category.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ya kapil. tnx for the correction.

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do that by making the item category in vov7- to be relevant to order related billing . make sure you have defined the copy control from sales order to invoice.

saurabh

Message was edited by:

saurabh diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

The logical flow is order>delivery>billing for a delivery relevant order cycle and it is as per the general accepted business practice.

If you need the billing to be created before for the purpose of collecting money in advance from the customer, please use F5 billing document type in VF01 screen. Give you sales order number in VA01 and F5 in the billing type and create the proforma billing for your document. You can collect the money against this invoice and then later on create the actual shipment and F2 invoice.

If this does not fit your requirements, then pl. let me know what scenario is making you do the billing first and then the delivery... May be i can suggest some alternative.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma