cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mscs cluster failover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have installed production on MSCS cluster.Installation is finished successfully.Cluster resources for ASCS and SCS instance in sapgroup

are not getting failover.If we take SCS instance resource offline and try to failover ascs instance resource manually,it doesnot work out first time.But 2nd time it worked out.Also,with same status if we restart one node,ASCS instance resource doesnt come online.

We tried out many things without success.Plz help ASAP.

Regards,

shital

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MSCS needs a lot of steps to configure correctly.

First try out with one or two physical disk resources if they are completely failover. then try SAP resources.

I have two nodes (Active and Passive), Active acts as Database instance (mssql), and passive acts as dialog instance (R/3). When passive has problems and shuts off, then the active node takes over the passive resource (R/3) and acts as a central instance. After the passive comes back online, then you have to move the R/3 resource from the active node to the passive manually, not automatically.

Please let me know if you still have problems.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have tested it by taking sap services offline.Failover was working fine.

Problem occured during moving sap instance resource.

Regards,

shital

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I look at any error messages? If MSCS is correctly working, then there are possible problems in SAP memory configuration or dependencies on SAP resources.