cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 2.0 Inbound message to XI has XML Tags Stripped out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are developing an XI 2.0 application. A message is sent from a 3rd party company over a VPN and routed to our XI box.

On receiving the message, XI tries to carry out the message mapping. However it fails because it does not like the content of the message. When I check the message content (View -> Source) we see that all the XML Tags have been stripped out somehow. Only the actual data field contents remain, in a big string. So obviously the mapping fails.

If I run the same scenario, but send the message from a JMS Test Client on my PC and route it to the XI box everything is fine and the message retains the XML Tags.

The messages route through the SAP Adapter Engine in XI.

The 3rd party company say the message does contain the tags when it leaves their systems.

Has anybody come across this scenario? Would any settings in the SAP Adapter Engine force the XI tags to be stripped? Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Many Thanks

Jaime

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

I don't know about XI 2.0 but on XI 3.0 you can configure the trace level via the J2EE visual administrator to debugging level for the all the IA packages.

By doing so, you would be able to see the incoming message ( as a whole ) within the trace logs .

Then you can at least verify whether the message is indeed coming in with XML tags. ..

Regards,

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven

Thanks for your posting. How can I get to the "J2EE visual administrator" ?

Thanks

J

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime,

The visual J2EE administrator is the standard administrator tool of any SAP WEBAS system so it is not a specifc XI tool.

Typically your SAP WEB AS basis administrators use the tool to configure the J2EE part of the SAP WEB AS.

SAP OSS note 76921 has all the details on tracing the XI adapter framework for version 3.0 - might be usefull for version 2.0 as well ...

Regards,

Steven

BTW - are you that Diagonal bloke with whome I have been on a project for a client in Rozenburg, Netherlands ? I was that SAP BC B2B bloke

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

I'm not sure if this is <b>avaliable with xi 2.0</b>

but go to:

http://server:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

- then received messages

- choose your message

- Display

- display message bytes <--now you can see how the message looks like before entering the integration engine

check to see if this has correct XML tags

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply. The URL doesn't work for me. Is there are transaction code within XI 3.0 or 2.0 to get to the same information ? This would be very helpful, if it definately shows the message prior to any processing by XI / Integration Engine.

Thanks again,

Jaime