cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to enter into SAP world

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am a Chemical Engineer with three years of work experience (1.5 year in Petrochemical Manufacturing & 1.5 year in Research & Development). I have done basic survey about SAP (Future Scope, Vertical growth, Challenging Assignments, Whopping Salary etc.) and interested to enter into the SAP world.

I would appreciate if you could guide me in the following:

1)How worth is this decision in view of long term career?

2)Does my profile match for it? which module? (I don't have any software background)

3)If yes, what is the best options out of following:

a) Job search w/o SAP exp.

b) Non-certification training from institute like Reliance Global Services in ~ 50k (affordable)+ preliminary job + good job

c) Certification from authorized institute (3.08 lakh of personal loan)+ Good Job (pay EMI)

d) Non-certification course in ~15 k (To get fundamental understanding+option c)

Your reply would be of great help. I look forward to hearing from you.

Message was edited by:

Manoj Kadam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Choosing the functional module is a good option. But before that do some research of each module, and select the best that suits you, which ever you are comfortable with.

But, study well, certification helps, but, you can get a good job without any certification with very good knowledge of the module you want to work.

All the best for your future endeavours.

• Kindly, follow the best practice of awarding reward points.*****

Former Member
0 Kudos

see you dont have any experinses in SAP ,so plz go for SAP certification with E-learning So there is only 162000/-fee required

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manoj,

Its a good option to move in to SAP. Its hot right now and will remain so for some time. So no worries on that.

regarding on how to enter, that is completly on u to decide.

Going through ur work X, it would be good if u choose some functional area on which u have worked before. for eg inventory management, or Production planning etc......

And about certification n all, a certified proff is always preffered, but its not mandatory. If u can showcase ur SAP knowledge which ever way u get it, the company will hire u. And if u r good enough, the company itself sponsers u for certification later.

So i think go for a functional module in which u r comfortable with, get the knowledge and post ur resume.......!!!!!

You will get a break.....

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR>.</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Runal,

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

That was great advice the best money can’t buy you are given. Please follow it through. But one thing I must let you know is it is SAP which ever model you go into is a WORLD of its own that requires lots of time and dedications.

I wish you best of Luck.

Regards

Jonathan George