cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering charts in web reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!

I've a web report displaying a table and some charts and I need the charts to get repainted acording to the filters and input variables the user selects for the table.

The charts are based in separeted queries.

How should I go on?

Thanks idols!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gupta,

sorry for the delay. We can´t apply SPS13 because the going live is too close. Is there any other option? maybe some note?...

Thanks a lot!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it by setting properties affected target in the selection box. That will repaint the chart as the selection changes.

thanks.

Wond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys I can't find taht property!. May be I´m using a wrong type of data provider for the filter pane.

My filter pane is based on a query view data provider wich is the same afecting the table, however I cant find that property(afected target) for the filter pane...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you working on BI 7.0 toolset? There should be this property: LINKED_DATA_PROVIDER_REF_LIST with the Filter Pane

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/85/08e241aa8e9d39e10000000a155106/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i'm working in BI7 and I swear to you that there is no such property!!. I can see DATA_PROVIDER_REF and INITIAL_CHARACTERISTIC_SET but no news about LINKED_DATA_PROVIDER_REF_LIST...

Could it be a problem with the patch level or something like that?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could be...that option is available with SPS13.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even if the charts are based on separate queries, do these queries share the same variable as the other query (for the table). For whatever web item you are using to do the filter, set the target dataprovider to include the chart queries as well.

Hope this helps...