cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project IMG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We created a template project and completed our blueprinting. Before we started our configuration activities we did not create a proejct IMG and started grouping our IMG objects under configuration tab. We were using the reference IMG. We are in mid-way of configuration and now we want to create a Project IMG.

Would this have any effect on the congfig activities?

If we do not use project IMG what is the disadavantage? Is there any workaround?

Any advice in this regard is appreciated.

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

The only disadvantage I see to not using a Project IMG is that the people configuring may have to search for the items which are in scope for your project.

shialesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark-

This wont have any impact on your configuration. You can think of the Project IMG as a "Scaled down Reference IMG". For example if you are implementing HCM, you would generate a Project IMG that doesn't include IMG nodes for SD, MM, PM, etc. The people accessing the development system from Solution Manager will therefore only see the scope of what you are configuring. I.e. generating a Project IMG is producing just a smaller view of the SAP Reference IMG so your configurers wont have to see things that they will never configure.

The only disadvantage I see to not using a Project IMG is that the people configuring may have to search for the items which are in scope for your project.

When you do access your development system's IMG from Solution Manager you will be given a warning that "No Project IMG exists for this project" (or something similar). You can just confirm this and move forward.

Hope this answers your questions,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nathaniel/Shailesh.

Would not having a project IMG for a template project pose any problems from Transports point of view.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailesh - Thanks for your input

Mark - I have not encountered any issues re: transports and no project IMG

Thanks,

Nathan