cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one attribute of a characteristic in rows other in columns in bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i put one of the attributes of a caharacteristic in rows and other in columns in bex?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

but then how can it be seen in navigational attributes part in the cube with the characteristics name start

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will surely in the query as well...may be you are looking in the wrong place...

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i am sure that i am looking at the right cube and right query

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry probbaly i looked at somethig wrong

because it starts with the characteristic name in the cube under navigatinal attributtes part

but in bex query it does not start with its characteristics name

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i have checked

it is not begining with the characteriscs name

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it is not a nav attr...maybe you are trying to drag the display attribute under the characteristic. The nav attr will not be under the char in the left hand of the query designer. It will be presebt like any other char in the same dimension as the parent char.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i can not move the attribute apart from its characteristic. it is moved there under its characteristic

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check for the technical name...can you look at that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i look at the attribute through RSA1; infoobjects, it is not compounded with any other objects. and its name does not start with any other objects technical name

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But when you turn on the technical name in the query designer, your nav attr should be named as Characteristic__NavAttr. This confirms that you are trying to use the nav attr. Is this how it is named in your query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

although my attribute is a navigational attribute i still can not move it seperately from its characteristic

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Turn on the technical names and check that you are trying to move the navigational attribute. Check if this InfoObject is compounded with another characteristic...

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it navigational or display attribute you are asking for.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eren,

If the attribute is a navigational attribute it's treated as a characteristic in it's own right so yes, but if it isn't then no.

Regards

Gill