cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not properly instaled driver on MC9090

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I tried to install connector (connector_wm50_xsl_crm_1_1_7) and driver (piscsym9090_wm50_xsl_crm_1_1_8.) on MC 9090 according to note 761833. After deployment Web console said "successfully completed". But i checked post install steps and I realized that drivers is not installed. I tried to "install"(copy) it manually but without success. I also increased the memory according to note Note 995387 but without any affect.

Further details:

Device - Symbol MC9090

OS - WM5.0

MI client - 20P_2

Creme - CrEme327a_AX_CE50_PPC_minimal

Connector - Connector_wm50_xsl_crm_1_1_7

Driver - piscsym9090_wm50_xsl_crm_1_1_8

Do any body have some advice how to solve this problem ?

Any advice is highly appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ptako,

Did you get any error in client trace file?

Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for reply

yes i got following error:

com.sap.ip.me.api.pios.scanner.ScannerException: Unable to find scanner configuration name

at com.sap.ip.me.api.pios.impl.scanner.ScannerConnectionImpl.getScannerException()

at com.sap.ip.me.api.pios.impl.scanner.ScannerConnectionImpl.handleException()

I supposed that is caused by not properly installed driver because i copied files mentioned in post install file.

Any advice how to properly install driver ?

ptako

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ptako,

We had similar installation issues when we went through the implementation and had to manually copy paste the files and folders on the MC9090 models. The installation were also dependant on the MI Patch level version and the amount of RAM available on the handheld.

We finally ended up using the datawedge software provided by symbol.You can down load the same from their devzone. The greatest advantage (Or dis-advantage depending on how you decide to use the scanner) of it was that the scanner was active on every screen and we dont have to code or install any additional drivers on the Handheld to activate and use the same.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Narasimhan