cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating URL and fetching the parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my webdynpro application I hav to create a URL that shud take me to a new IView and in that URL I have to give certain Parameters that I have to fetch as application parameters.I am not aware how to create URL and give the PCD path of the new iView and the Parameters that I hav to fetch. I have seen some of the threads but I am not able to find out the clear picture.Could anyone help me out?

This is really urgent.

Thanxs in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can navigate from one view to another using portal navigation

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute();

The above method needs various parameters which are shown<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c3/235a428a1e9041e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">here</a>

Warm Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

thanxs for the reply. But how to pass the application Parameter in the URL and wat do I need to mention in the application parameter property of that iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurmit,

There is one argument called business parameters in navigateAbsolute method. If you want some value of this iView to be passed to another iview then you can pass it in these business parameters.

Use Application parameters if you want to pass some parameters from portal.

eg. you have a single WD application for 2 different iViews in portal then you can pass the parameter in portal under application property as view=view1 or view=view2 based upon the iView that you have selected in portal and you can read that value in WD using WDProtocolAdapter.

Warm Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing the same thing but is it possible to send a variable in this business parameters becos I need to access these variables and how to give the value of these parameters in the iVIew as they are variables.

I want to pass the parameter as

customerID=<custID> and not as customerID=4711.

Gurmat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurmat,

Yes you can pass those runtime values in your business parameters.

eg. CustomerID=wdContext.currentContextElement().getCustomerID();

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanxs Murtuza

and wat to put in the application parameter property of the iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to show the URL to the user

And I am using the URL for navigation then how to append the PCD path of that iView and the application parameters in that URL????