cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return posting to quality inspection stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Gurus!

How can i post from unrestricted to quality insp stock? I am trying to use movement type 322(quality insp to unrestricted-reversal) and an error message says "Change the inspection stock of material 1101 in QM only".

When i activated the inspection type 08 (stock transfer inspection), the movement type 322 works. However, when i do transfer posting from one storage location to another, an inspection lot is created.

So my problem is, how do i allow posting from unrestricted to quality insp stock and no inspection lots are created when i transfer the material from one storage location to another???

I would appreciate if anyone could help me.

Regards,

Heinrick Palad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heinrick,

1. For the first issue, I think you have activated the QM for material master and already posted the stock from quality to unrestricted. For this Tyagarajan has provided you the resolution.

2. If you don't want to create an inspection lot while doing the stock transfer from st lo to st loc just deactivate the inspection type 08 and it should works.

Hope this helps.

Prakash Dhabadi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi heinrick

you can reverse the stock positing providing following prerequisite have been meet,

A usage decision has been made for the inspection lot.

The goods in the inspection lot have been posted from inspection stock to blocked stock or unrestricted-use stock.

If you posted the goods to a stock other than blocked stock or unrestricted-use stock (for example, to scrap), you must first post the stock back to blocked stock before you can reverse the original stock posting.

Reversing Stock Postings

Choose Logistics ® Materials Management ® Inventory Management ® Goods Movement ® Goods receipt ® For purchase order ® PO number known.
The initial screen for creating a goods receipt for a purchase order appears.

In the field for the movement type, enter 102 (goods receipt for a purchase order into warehouse - reversal).
In the field for the purchase order, enter the purchase order number for the original goods receipt.

You can copy the purchase order number from the inspection lot.

Choose Enter to display the selection screen for the purchase order items.
Select the purchase order item for which you want to create the goods receipt and set the Stock type indicator to the stock to which the goods were originally posted with the usage decision (for example, F for unrestricted-use stock or S for blocked stock).
Save the goods receipt and exit the Materials Management component.
Choose Logistics ® Quality management ® Quality inspection ® Inspection lot ® Usage decision ® Change with history.
The initial screen for changing a usage decision appears.

Enter the number of the inspection lot for which you previously made the usage decision and choose Usage decision (UD).
To cancel the inspection lot, choose Usage decision ® Functions ® Cancel lot in the usage decision screen.

regards

thyagarajan