Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have doubt regarding XI Archive procedure...\

I read from sdn document that In General Rule the messages are multiplied into 10 times when compared to data which is sent. it means that

if I have 20 interfaces and size of each message is 10 KB and no.. of suppose orders per day is 2000 .it means that in a day 10 X 10 X 20 X 2000 KB of Disk space is consumed by XI ..

so for a week time it would be 8 GB ./...

Is this data or estimate correct..?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct in the assumption that the message is much larger than the data, and this adds considerably to the database size.

We had hit almost 30gb within 4 weeks of my first project as we had grossly underestimated the frequency and volume of traffic and the additional size of the xml on top of the data.

We had to increase our database from 30 to 100 gb and enforce a strict data retention/archiving policy - inline with internal audit recommendations.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

XI archives everything....

Probably the bigger problem are the messages stored for the monitor. All the steps are archived so you can find the source of any problem.

Because the problems are usually found almost when they occurs, you can reduce the amount of data by removing all the messages with a date longer than a month, and storing the most important data in the source and destination system.

That what we did in one of our projects due to the store problem.

Other helpfull advice is zipping the file text messages, mainly when they are very big, this reduce the amount of data even until a 10%.

Cheers.

Eduardo.