cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release strategy for PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

IS it possible to cancel the release strategy for the PO which is created just now and waiting for release strategy

pl reply

guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are two things.

1) iF it has not been released by any relaease code , then you have to make some changes in the PO(release specific) or release strategy so that it redetermines the release strategy .But for that in customization you hav eto make settings

IMG- MM- PURCHASING- PURCHASE ORDER- RELEASE PROCEDURE- DEFINE RELAESE PROCEDURE FOR PO- RELEASE INDIACTOR.

Here you have to set Changeability indaicator and value % according to ur requirement.

2) if it has already been release by some release code then they hav to go to ME28 AND CANCEL the release.

Hope it helps.

reward if useful

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to ME28, Enter Release Code and Group and then Select the Cancel Relese Field, then execute, it will get cancelled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru

It is not possible to completely remove the Rel. str. once the PO has adopted it.

Only the change in Rel Str. is possible means Re. Str X to Rel. Str. Y.

Also plz amend the PO in such a way that rel str. can not be determined by system.

If you still want to remove the rel. str. you need to delete the same from confg. Be aware that you delete all the entries form class & characterstics first then delete the rel. str.

Hope this helps you

Reward if useful

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gururanjan

If i get it right

U can not cancell release strategy in PO once PO is sujected to Release until u make such changes which are not subjected for release.

U can either change release strategy then amend Po so that new strategy will be triggered for that.

i.e suppose u have a strategy where if PO value is 10-1000 RS strategy A will applicable

But if u amend PO and for which value is 9RS then this PO will not be subjected to release and release will be cancelled and u can make direcly PO

Vishal..

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes in configuration if you remove the release strategy for PO type then no need to release the PO.

Hope this helps,