cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active substitute can access appraisal documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the new Objective Setting & Appraisals functionality via ESS / MSS in SAP ERP Central Component 5.0.

When a line manager makes another line manager their substitute, the substitute line manager has READ access to the other manager's appraisal document and the other manager's line manager's appraisal document. Has anyone experienced this problem?

If the substitute manager gets an appraisal workflow item initiated from someone in the original manager's team then the substitute manager can access the appraisal and make changes to it. Is this standard functionality?

Regards,

Janet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi janet,

Whether a substitute should get access to a workitem or not can be controlled in the workflow by creating profiles. When the owner assigns the substitute he can specify the profile, so that the substitute can see the workitems with that profile. This is part of standard workflow settings which you can explore.

Best regards

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt response Sundar.

I will ask our support team to advise how the profiles have been set up and see if this is causing the problem.

Regards,

Janet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janet,

I think the line manager is using the "forward workitem" option to forward the appraisal documents.

I addition to this, the appraisal document shoul have the forwarded line manager as one of the appraisers. For this the HR admin team should change the header data of the appraisal document and then add the new line manager as also a appraiser.

Only then he can edit the appraisal document.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Subbu.

Answers (0)