cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar ........not found!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While changing the value of the parameter "login/ no_automatic_user_sapstar" its giving "No Entries found" in RZ10 ....but i can see the parameter in RZ11.

Please help me regarding this.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You need to add the parameter to the profile. It won't show up default. Please check:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04s/helpdata/en/c4/3a6247505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hehe you beat me to it Ruchit

Cheers

Many parameters are not included in the profiles at the OS level an hence you have to add these parametes manually

Otherwise, SAP assumes default values

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

After putting the parameter in text box next thing is version ....what should i specify in this ...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you Please tell me how to add parameters at OS level......its urgent.

Thanks,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i m doing client copy so i need to change this parameter value to 0 its default value is 1.

what should i do no?

Thanks,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Where are you being asked to give the version. I mean are you in the initial screen of RZ10 where you need to specify the profile or are you inside it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

You can change the profiles at OS level of course by opening the profile files. However it is advisable to do it through RZ10. Also to me it seems that you are in panic. Just relax and explain where are you facing the issues. We all will try to help you.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

SAP does not recommend changing profile files at OS level. That is why you have to di it frmo the SAP GUI.

However, you can edit the profiles manually from the /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profiles directory

In this case, you need to edit the DEFAULT.PFL and add this parameter there

I dont know why you want to do that though

Simply follow Ruchits link and follow the steps mentioned there

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I m at the initial screen of RZ10.

how to add this parameter in RZ10 ........

Thanx,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shantanu,

I am doing the client copy for that i need to change the default value of this parameter please tell me the procedure coz in RZ10 when i pressed f4 in the initial screen its sayin NO entries found.

Thanks,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

You need to import the profiles first. Go to Rz10 . Then from menu select utilitiesImport ProfilesOf all active servers. After this do an F4 and check.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

After you are able to see the profiles just follow the link I have given. Choose extended maintainence for this case. In the next screen press the button create Parameter. Next screen give parameter name and value and press copy. Go back and save.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On F4 after imoprting the profiles as mentioned by Ruchit, select the DEFAULT.PFL file and then choose Extended Maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

yes i tried this also .......but its giving me an error sayin

"Log for the import of profiles......"

"Default.PFL could not be read so import is not possible".

Now, tell me what should i do now?

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Goto transaction AL11. Look for /usr/sap/PF1/SYS/ and double click on it.

Double click on profile. Are you able to see DEFAULT.PFL there. If so then double click on it and check if you are able to enter it. If so then it means that profile is exisitng. Also be particular about the name. It should be DEFAULT and not Default. Also I hope at the time of import of profiles you are not giving any input in RZ10.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Kindly check the existence of the file in the folder and try again. If you have opened it in notepad on the server, close it.

Try again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Shantanu & Ruchit,

Its done......10 points to both of you.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ruchit i can't give u 10 coz i first gave Shantanu 10 pts so 10 pt checkbox got disabled ......so i gave u 6.

Regards,

Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

That is alrite. You dont need to be sorry. it is not a gaming site

So what was the solution.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (0)