Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Parameter mapping

Hi developers

I am trying to use test application on tree in WD. I am trying to implement test application on tree's ( available on code samples in SDN ).

In this project parameter mapping has been used .

In domodify view following code has been written

IWDTreeNodeType treeNode = (IWDTreeNodeType) view.getElement("TheNode");

treeNode.mappingOfOnAction().addSourceMapping<b>("path</b>", "selectedElement");

treeNode.mappingOfOnLoadChildren().addSourceMapping<b>("path",</b> "element");

The above line is necessary to create parameter mapping from parameter "path" to parameter "element".

but I am not able to understand from where we are getting client side parameter

<b>"path" </b> .

also I need to know why we put parameter mapping code in do modify view knowing that it will only be executed only first time.

Former Member
replied

Hi Abhay,

well, the TreeNodeType has 2 event parameters automatically declared: <b>Path</b> and <b>NodeElement</b>.

In the example that you have given there, the event parameter <b>Path</b> is mapped to the action parameter <b>selectedElement</b> and <b>element</b>, depending on the event that is triggered.

so in your actionEventHandler methods (onActionXxxx) there should be an additional action parameter (<b>selectedElement</b> or <b>element</b>, respectively) that contain the event parameter's value at runtime.

The value of those 2 event parameters are determined by the runtime environment whenever the event is triggered, I don't think you have control over that. But of course you can take some action based on the value of that action parameter within the actionEventHandler.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question