Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM01 LSMW recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using LSMW recording method to upload Material master data as we have some custom views added. I have materials falling into five material types. As we know Views displayed will be changing based on material type.

Can I upload all material types using single recording or need to create separate recordings? if single recording can be used for all material types how to deal with dynamic views problem?

Thanks in advance.

Srinivas.T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In LSMW the recording is not flexible, u can't dynamicly add a screen in the middle as u would in an abap program. u can go only by what's in the recording.

What u can try and might work is this:

make a recording. enter the recording in change mode. go to the area in the recording tree where the views r chosen (if u recorded MM01 than it would be under SAPLMGMM 0070). there u'll see the field MSICHTAUSW-KZSEL(XX) - where XX is the line number where u chose the view. now copy that and from the menu choose Edit -> Add Screen Field (Extended). in the little window choose the Screen Field radiobutton and paste the MSICHTAUSW-KZSEL(XX) there and confirm. create such entry with the right line number instead of XX for each view u might choose (in all material types). now, after u did the first steps in LSMW. in step "Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules", u can in which line u want to mark 'X' (to choose the right view). for example, in mat.type X, your custom view appears in the 8th line - then put an 'X' in the mapping of MSICHTAUSW-KZSEL(08). the only thing u have to do now is to write an "if" or "case" statement to decide where u mark the 'X'.

I'm not sure it's easier than doing different recordings...

Good luck

Pls award points

Igal

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

in case of BDC ..we have created it for different Material Types ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In LSMW the recording is not flexible, u can't dynamicly add a screen in the middle as u would in an abap program. u can go only by what's in the recording.

What u can try and might work is this:

make a recording. enter the recording in change mode. go to the area in the recording tree where the views r chosen (if u recorded MM01 than it would be under SAPLMGMM 0070). there u'll see the field MSICHTAUSW-KZSEL(XX) - where XX is the line number where u chose the view. now copy that and from the menu choose Edit -> Add Screen Field (Extended). in the little window choose the Screen Field radiobutton and paste the MSICHTAUSW-KZSEL(XX) there and confirm. create such entry with the right line number instead of XX for each view u might choose (in all material types). now, after u did the first steps in LSMW. in step "Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules", u can in which line u want to mark 'X' (to choose the right view). for example, in mat.type X, your custom view appears in the 8th line - then put an 'X' in the mapping of MSICHTAUSW-KZSEL(08). the only thing u have to do now is to write an "if" or "case" statement to decide where u mark the 'X'.

I'm not sure it's easier than doing different recordings...

Good luck

Pls award points

Igal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try using BAPI method or the direct input method for this.

check out for the various methods in uploading material master data here:

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/LSMW/LSMWMainPage.htm

You have step-by-step procedure with screen shots here.