cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using RFC table parameter for import and export of data possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm implementing a WebDynpro View which will be used for displaying a customizing view on the webfrontend. Therefore I created a RFC function and added the table name as table parameter. The RFC should read the data in the table in R/3 and transfer them to the WebDynpro and afterwards write the new/changed data to the table. My tests in R/3 work, but if I try it with the web-frontend it doesn't work. Does anybody know, if it is possible to this using only one table parameter. I would like to avoid copying the data from one context node to the other.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

As there is no error, it means that it is connecting to the R/3 , so the problem is with the parameters which you are passing

1) Convert the values into UpperCase and send to backend , this is common minor mistake which most of the people do

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers. I tried to send upper case data to the back-end, but it also didn't work.

I guess the problem might be the mapping, because the same model attributes are used for import and export. Does anybody know, if there are any special things to take care of?

To give you more details: In ABAP I'm using this command

INSERT <<table_name>> FROM TABLE ext_data.

for adding the new records to the DB. It works fine when I test it in R/3. I also checked the context/model mapping. It seems that it is correct, because I also transfer a parameter which forces the write to DB operation and this works. Are there any specialities regarding table parameters?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Message was edited by:

Martin Fischer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

You can directly bind a model node to a datasource of a tabel. It should work. For this,goto layout page of the view, in Outline view right click on RootUIElement, choose Apply Template, it will open new window choose Table from that and select the model node having output.

Check whether you are executing the RFC properly from webdynpro. Try to put an HTTP breakpoint in the RFC and then execute the webdynpro aplication. If the RFC call is perfect, the control will come to the RFC once it is executed in the webdynpro code. Also, there you can check whether the data are properly passed on to the backend.

Regards,

Shyam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I think you can achieve that. It seems that your value from front end are not being provided correctly to your RFC. Just confirm the node to which you are passing your values to. Also, try to print the values that you have provided just before executing the RFC.

Warm Regards,

Murtuza