cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Calculations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a production order of 100 pieces (say for eg) viz assigned to some work center...having capacity category as machine....(Discrete Industry)

I want to calculate what is the load on this machine and whether it is overloaded or not and based on which i want to assign more orders to this work center

I mean to say how can i calculate available capacity related calculations?

Please comment

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Requirements / Steps to carry out capacity planning for production orders.

1. Enter the Available capacity of the workcenter i.e by stating shift start time , shift end time, break times , capacity utilisation percentage, no of capacities (for ex if u have defined 2 lathe machines as one work center.) in wkc change mode.

2. Assign Formulas for calculating capacity reqmts in Capacity tab page of WKC, u can use std formulas or create one which suits ur application.

3. Use a appropriate control key in the operations of the routing in which the Capacity planning indicator is activated. this routing would in turn be copied in the Production order

4. In spro use txn OPU3 for defining the scheduling parameters for production orders and activate the "generate capacity reqmts" indiactor for order type & plant combination.

Capacity reqmts are calculated as follow:

When the production orders are created the scheduling & capacity reqmts (total oprn time) are calculated in terms of time units through the Standard values in routing and formulas mentioned in the WKC. Say through this calculation if the total execution time for the production order is 8 hrs. And the available capacity of teh work center defined by you in WKC is 8 hrs, the the load of this particular production order in that WKC is 100 %.

One can see the load situation of the work center through various transaction like CM01, CM02 ETC ( Refer SAP easy aceess menu , under capacity planning) and after assesement if a particular WKC is overloaded, say 110 % you can do the cpacity levelling by re scheduling the production oredrs.

Simillarly u can take planned orders also into consideration for capacity planning, need to do some settings as well as carry out lead time scheduling while running MRP.

Hope these basic points would help you, there are much more functionalities available in Capacity planning which can be explored though SAP help.

Reward points if found usefull.

Regrads

Ramanathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you.....

Rgds

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196398
Active Contributor

Vicky,

First you need to make the workcenter relavant for Capacity Calculations,

1. You need to activate the "Relevant for Finite Scheduling" in the Capacity Header of work center. Also see that you are defining the available capacity and overload percentage also here.

2. Assign Correct Formula's in the Capacity and Scheduling Tabs of the Work center. If required you can also check whether the formula is working or not using the Test Formula option in these tabs.

3. Define the operation timings in the routing and also make sure that you assign a Control Key relevant for Capacity and Scheduling.

4. You need to activate the "Generate Capacity Requirements" for the Planned order and Production order and Plant combination in the Scheduling Parameters. Use transaction OPU5 and OPU3.

After completion of the above steps if an order is created system also generates capacity requirements and you can see the work center overload using transaction CM01.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Prasobh