cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot assign a ... length 0 to host variable 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

In step 4. Generate of the Integration Scenario Configurator for the "CheckFlightSeatAvailability" example (actually, for any scenario), I obtain the following error:

"Cannot assign a com.sap.aii.utilxi.blob.api.InputStreamLoc object of length 0 to host variable 4"

Can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

-

Here is the stacktrace---

STACKTRACE:

com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.PersistenceException: Cannot assign a com.sap.aii.utilxi.blob.api.InputStreamLoc object of length 0 to host variable 4.

at com.sap.aii.ib.gui.editor.XiDocument.save(XiDocument.java:472)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.cmd.SaveCommand.execute(SaveCommand.java:56)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.execute(ExecutionContext.java:196)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.framework.ExecutionContext.executeSafe(ExecutionContext.java:134)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.editor.GroupEditorPanel$MyModificationListener.valueModified(GroupEditorPanel.java:481)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.ModificationSupport.fireValueModified(ModificationSupport.java:49)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.table.polytable.agents.ModificationsAgent.tableChanged(ModificationsAgent.java:97)

at javax.swing.table.AbstractTableModel.fireTableChanged(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.editor.GroupEditorTableModel.setData(GroupEditorTableModel.java:296)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.editor.GroupEditorTableModel.setRows(GroupEditorTableModel.java:238)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.editor.XiReferencePanel.setRows(XiReferencePanel.java:418)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.editor.GroupEditorPanel.addXiReference(GroupEditorPanel.java:306)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.editor.GroupEditorPanel.executeCommand(GroupEditorPanel.java:189)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.dirview.DirViewView.addWizardRefs(DirViewView.java:447)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.scenario.generator.ScenarioGeneratorEngine3$3.run(ScenarioGeneratorEngine3.java:242)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Dialog.show(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.aii.utilxi.swing.toolkit.BaseDialog.show(BaseDialog.java:310)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.scenario.generator.dialogs.BSCProgressDialog.show(BSCProgressDialog.java:88)

at com.sap.aii.ibdir.gui.scenario.generator.ScenarioGeneratorEngine3$1.run(ScenarioGeneratorEngine3.java:210)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the J2EE home page using the following link.

http://<servername>:<port>/index.html

Then click on the system information link.Over here we can find the SP level of the J2ee engine.

Regards,

Sulakshana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

I believe I understand what it is you are asking me to do regards xi and j2ee versions being out of sync. I am going to try your suggestion to see if it solves my problem. I will document the steps below for the others.

1. Find the SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 PatchLevel

Browser -> SLD -> Administration -> Details

result = SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 PatchLevel 92160.313

therefor patch level is 9.

2. Find the SAP ABA 640 patch level

Browser -> SLD -> Technical Landscape -> XI tech system

-> Installed Software Components

result = SAP ABA 640 0012

therefor patch level is 12.

3. Find the SAP BASIS 6.40 patch level

Browser -> SLD -> Technical Landscape -> XI tech system

-> Installed Software Components

result = SAP BASIS 6.40 0012

therefor patch level is 12.

Thus, I need to upgrade the SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 PatchLevel from 9 to 12 so that all are in sync.

I obtain the update from http://sapservicemarketplace/swdc

under "support packages and patches" SAP WAS 6.40.

Once I have done this, I will confirm if this solves the error I am experiencing.

Please let me know if this is the path you intended me to travel Stephan when you spoke of XI and J2ee being out of sync.

Thanks

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

the error typically occurs when XIs SP level is behind that of J2EE-engine (not ahead). Moreover, I am not sure whether this error can really occur for J2EE-engine being at SP level 9.

Have you checked the links described by me (for XI) and Sulakshana (for J2EE engine) to determine the SP levels?

I am pretty sure that you will find out that Integration Builders SP-level is behind that of J2EE engine.

Greetings

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Resolved the issue as follows:

Applied SP 13 to all components as per the XI section of the SAP PDF document "Applying Support Packages in SAP Netweaver 04 Scenarios" from sap service mktplace/sp-stacks.

Thanks to all for your help and input.

Regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen something more.

In the Integration Builder-Administration-Software Build Information, for Repository and Directory it says jdk.version=1.3.1, since I am running Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2), I believe I'm in the case that Stephan states.

What's the recommendation then? downgrade J2SE? it might affect some other applications. Upgrade XI components? is that possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not talking about the jdk-version.

On the adminstration page directly above the line indicating the jdk-version there should be a line displaying the 'SP-Number'. There should be a number between 0 and 13 (just one or two digits).

That the SP-level of XI you are running on the Integration Builder. I do not know how to determine the SP-level of the J2EE-engine. Maybe someone else can help.

However these two levels have to be identical.

Greetings Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Do you mean a difference between Java Runtime and SAP J2EE Engine? In Graham case and mine there is a difference.

-

In my case:

XI Directory and XI Repository

Server:

General:

Server Version: SAP J2EE Engine 6.40 PatchLevel 92160.313

System Environment:

Java Runtime: Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (version=1.4.2)

Java Virtual Machine: Classic VM (version=1.4.2)

Operating System: AIX (version=5.3, arch=ppc64)

I believe that by looking at sld - Administration - Details), you are seeing the same information reported as Server Version. Anyways, in my case:

J2EE Server: SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 PatchLevel 92160.313

Thnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the same error Enrique.

Have you managed to solve this yet ?

Regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, not yet, I still have the problem.

As it occurs when saving, I thought it might be related to the persistence configuration of SLD, I changed to the different modes (Java, ABAP, FileSystem) but I obtained the same result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrique,

this error typically occurs when you have upgraded your J2EE engine to a higher SP level then XI. Please be aware that the SP levels should always be in sync.

Greetings

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

Can you tell me how to verify that my SP levels for J2EE engine and XI are in sync with each other.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

I am not an expert on J2EE engine. So I do not know how to determine its SP level.

For XI just go to the start page of the integration builder. There is a link 'Administration'.

Follow this link, and you should be able to see the SP level (together with some other adminstrative information).

Greetings Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan

our specs are as follows:

J2EE Server: SAP J2EE Engine/6.40 PatchLevel 92160.313

(viewed by clicking: sld - Administration - Details)

XI Directory and XI Repository

Server:

General:

Server ID chqsap00_XI1_00

Server Version SAP J2EE Engine 6.40 PatchLevel 92160.313

System Enviroment:

Java Runtime Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (version=1.4.2_06-b03)

Java Virtual Machine Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (version=1.4.2_06-b03)

Operating System Windows 2003 (version=5.2, arch=x86)

Can you see a discrepancy ?