cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical inventory count & MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

After we finish physical inventory count, we do the clear difference for WM, but do not clear difference for IM. Can we set MRP exclude the variance of WM.

I will reward you.

regards

Gang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean you don't want MRP to care the diffenrence of counting in WM? If so since you didn't do LI21 MRP must miss the diffenrence. MRP only watch stocks of IM, not WM. But if do a clearing between WM and IM, I think there is no way to exclude the differences counted by WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is not clear. Please specify with an example.

For your information, the financial entries are posted ONLY on clearing with IM. WM clearing only affects the quantity.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshman,

Yes you are right I know the financial entries are posted ONLY on clearing with IM.

But for our company, the IM clearing is not immediately after WM clearing, during this perod, we want to find some workaround to exclude the quantity of the variance for MRP run.

regards

Gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... now your requirement is clear.

One way is to move that quantity to a storage location which is excluded from MRP. You may need to create a program to do this since you are likely to have a lot of materials to be handled.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, that means there is no standard function for our requirement?

regards

Gang

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Blocked materials are also excluded from MRP run.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know blocked materials are excluded from MRP run, but my question is that how to make the variance of wm exclude from MRP run.

regards

Gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no standard solution.

You need to move the material to a storage location excluded from MRP or as suggested in another solution, block the stock via transfer posting.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help.