cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP site not getting polled automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having a scenario in which I am picking files from a FTP site and then sending it into R/3 with the help of XI. But daily its needing to reactivate the File Adapter as its not polling automatically from the FTP site.

Any suggestions why the FTP site is not getting polled automatically.

Best Regards,

N.Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

before you reactivate the adapter, any error messages in the Monitoring of that file adapter......it will constantly look for the file from the FTP server depending upon the pollintervals....until the user get's locks out bec of some un predicted reasons..

ideally it shouldn't happen, can you check is there any timeout maintained in FTP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me how to check wheather any time-out parameter is defined at FTP site or not.

Regards,

N.Jain

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what i meant was...sometime the in the FTP, the user with which we are loggin in they might lock it or will not allow any user to login if the idle time of the FTP server (user login) is there....u can check this with the person who is maintaing the FTP server....this paramter is not on the XI end.......

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it might be because you are connecting to the remote server (FTP) can you just check the option (wait before modifcatino) and try.......seclect the option to wait some msec before it is picking next file.....just trying to c if there is any autologin option which ables the file adapter to ping FTP server continously....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am polling from the same FTP site and it is polling files for my DEV server scenario. But I am facing this error in the PRD Server.

Regards,

N.Jain

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no error form the adapter side.....some times when we connect to the remote server and if we dnt pick anyfiles suppoes for 3hrs at strech my adapter will not pick after that also.....only thing can try to use some option like wait for sec under advanced....or deactivate and activate it agian.....this is strange error