Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to capture back space in screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

is there any way to capture back space in PAI module

like when user is entering on screen and if he presses back space then i want to capture if he has modified some recods in the screen.....

nishant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following in event PAI.

1) before displaying the screen..store the values in a temporary variable..and compare the current screen structure with the temporary variable..

OR

2) check the SY-DATAR = 'X'..if sy-datar = 'X'.. Which means some value has been changed..

Thanks

Naren

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try the following in event PAI.

1) before displaying the screen..store the values in a temporary variable..and compare the current screen structure with the temporary variable..

OR

2) check the SY-DATAR = 'X'..if sy-datar = 'X'.. Which means some value has been changed..

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

hi Naren

the sy-datar do help its checked when user modified any data

but the problem is that when user can modifies the data after entering and before entering ie pressing enter

waht i mean is that my problem is that when user enters a value and press enter one time then if he modifies than double entry is created....on enter only

and if i use sy-datar to check if the value entered is changed or not...then in both case its checked ie when user modifies the data without pressing enter and whne use modifies the data after pressing enter

first case its no problem but second case its a problem as it creates double entry so i want to seperate the second case and have a check for it but sy-datar will also not work in this case as its checked whenever user modifies

can u suggest how to seperate the above two cases

regards

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

I don't think you can capture backspace/space.

Regards,

Atish