Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc syntx error me21 , abap proxy call transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am struck with the below problem, could you please shed some light on the issue, appreciate your help and rewarded.

scenario:

XI sends NEW PO message to abap proxy, in abap proxy we populate bdc_tab

and call ME21 as below

CALL TRANSACTION 'ME21' using bdc_tab mode 'N' update 'S' messages into messtab.

problem:

EKSEKS01 idoc is getting created with syntax error status code :26 in ECC5.0

only 5 sigments are generated in the idocs. the three segments ( E1PISHO, E1PISIO,E1PISSO not generated).

after transaction executed it returns subrc 1001, msgid--> ME, MSGNO --> 218.

Thanks In Advance.

Ranjit.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjit,

Are you passing minimum required data in ME21?

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

Also, have you tried checking the PO that is being created?

As Atish rightly said, there seems to be issue in the data that you are passing. You might not be sending complete data and possibly the PO if it exists and if you open will show that it's not complete

Hope this helps

Regards

Nishant

0 Kudos

Hi Atish and Nishant,

Thanks much for the immediate response.

1.Would like to know what is the mandatory data to be passed for PO creation in BDC table.

2. Is there any user exit or where the idoc creation happens during me21 execution.

I have verified the po in we02 , as before mentioned the three sigments are not getting created and i am not sure the reason.

Note: We didnot have any output configured in ECC 5.0 for this idoc to be created.

I am really not able to locate in debug mode FOR ME21, where this ekseks01 idoc getting created and triggered.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.

Ranjit.

0 Kudos

Hi,

First the IDOC

EKSEKS01 Purchasing document data for Purchasing Info System

I believe this was configured by someone either in the output types or due to some customizing I am not sure.

Second, Depending on how your system is configured there will be some mandatory fields on the me21 screen. You can consult with your Functional Person.

Third: Did you get the PO number ? If yes did you open it in Me23? If yes then what it's status? If you do a 'check' there you'll get the issues with the PO. If you send this data then you'll not get the errors I hope since the PO will have complete information.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Nishant