cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to copy SLD landscape data between SLDs after instance upgrade? HELP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a number of Java AS standalone instances with SLD 1, separated by firewall/saprouter from our ABAP AS + Sol. Man 4 + SLD 2.

As java datasource to SLD doesn't go through saprouter, I simply point all the Java AS standalones to a local SLD (#1). Up to now, I have signed on to SLD1, exported (incrementally) LD data then signed on to SLD 2 and imported this data. This works as long as the Java AS's registered in SLD 1 don't change version. Recently I upgraded one of the Java AS, and sent the data to SLD1. Now when I try to import LD data from SLD1 into SLD 2, it won't import because instance release data doesn't match. I.E it trys to create SID - 700 while SID - 640 exist and fails ... the new data for the upgraded SID won't import!!! How can I get the SID entry in SLD to reflect the new release? I tried deleting SID from SLD 2, but the new data still refuses to come in!!!

Help! Is there a import force option or something else?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I had a similar question to SAP as we're working on making two SLDs into one. They told me to make a full backup of the SLD content.

In 640, you can do this under Administration => Content: Backup => All Instances.

I don't know if it works, but maybe you can try.

Best regards,

Cornelia