cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NW studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everytime I make change to source code of web dynpro app, I have to rebuild, create archive & deploy to J2EE server. Is there a way to do all these 3 in one step? Is there a way to make them in background so I still work on the code? IS there a ant script for this one?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Sam,

there is no way to do all the three in one step. the most u can do is save the metadata and deploy and run. and while deploying u cannot work on ur code simultaniously.

Regards,

Piyush.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Since the Webdynpro Meta model is built on MVC architecture and aligned mostly with Java/J2EE methodology you ahve to deploy it to your apllication server for each changes done by you.Only then it compiles and show your latest updated work.So you cannot work or code when it is deploying, even most IDE won't supports this.

Right click your application of ur webdynpro as say "Deploy archieve & Run" which will build your work and run it in the browser simuntaneously after deploying to the J2EE server.

Rdgs,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the application and say deploy new archive and run. this will do all those 3 steps in one go ! :)...