Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Table ResultSet Page Size

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

i created a resultset iview for a hierarchy table and it is table with a very very large number of records.

unfortunately, the iview does not incorporate paging for the hierarchy table. it loads all of the data.

for the main table, flat tables, etc., the iviews implement paging and you can set the page size. but for hierarchy table, the paging buttons are disabled and the page size attribute can be set, but it means nothing. as you expand and expand the hierarchy, even though the number of entries exceed the page size, the iview size just automatically grows without the paging buttons becoming enabled.

has anyone else encountered this? do you know of a workaround? or is it that i am missing to set something?

please help if you can because right now the iview is unusable because of the performance while trying to load all those data records.

thx very much,

mm

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

that's right, because the system suppose that you need to expand only the branch you want to see and close the others. Therefore I think that is ino possible to solve the issue, or you can think to create different hierarchy for example each one for any father.

Regards,

Vito

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Vito,

no i can't change the hierarchy. the hierarchy is fine. the problem really is that the iview doesn't implement paging, like it does for the other types of tables. if it did then there wouldn't be a performance problem.

thanks,

mm