cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Actions in 12.0.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer SAP Note 1022113.

I downloaded the PDFActions.jar attached with the note follwed by the download of itext-2.0.6.jar from http://www.lowagie.com/iText/download.html. I renamed itext-2.0.6.jar to iText.jar.

I uploaded a deployed the jar files in xMII. PDFActions as the Assembly File and iText as the dependency.

I then cleared my JWS cache (I use Java 1.5.0_06-b05 on my machine).

Logged back into xMII and started the workbench.

I could now see the PDF Actions but for each of the action a "Configure Object" results in a pop-up Error-Null. "Configure Links" takes me right into the Link Editor and I can see all the attributes associated to the Action.

Because "Configure Object" is not working, I am unable to link the subsequent PDF Actions to a "Source Document"

The transaction---> Generate Documentation link is still disabled.

I even tried to deploy the Custom Action without renaming the itext JAR file. The results are similar.

Let me know if I need to log a ticket OR otherwise.

Thanks

Udayan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udayan

The version of PDFAction.jar was created for xMII 12.0 SP00. I suspect that you need a newer version specifically for 12.0 SP01. Please log a ticket so we can get you an updated jar file.

Regards

Christopher

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have just solved a problem with the PDFActions in xMII 12.0.1. Here is the combination of jar-Files that worked out ok for us:

- xMII 12.0.1

- PDFActions.jar from note 1108101

- iText Version 1.4.5

- java client version 1.5.0_11 b03

The problems we encountered:

When using old PDFActions in xMII 12.0.1 the Generate Documentation doesn't work. Configuration of the PDF actions cannot be opened.

When using the correct PDFActions for xMII 12.0.1 but the newest iText 2.0.6, the PDF Actions work, but the Generate Documentation is deactivated.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Just for your reference.... I'm not sure if these were the steps that you followed

SAP xMII supports the generation of PDF documents for both the documentation of xMII Business Logic Services transactions and user-defined output reports. The third-party library used for PDF processing is named iText. Version 1.2.3 has been tested with the system; therefore, it is the recommended version. For more information on iText, see www.lowagie.com/iText. The PDFActions.jar and component XML file are included in the SAP xMII build. However, in order to use PDF processing, you must complete the following steps:

1. Download the iText library version 1.2.3 via http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/itext/itext-1.2.3.jar?download.

2. The file must be placed in two locations. Rename the file as iText.jar and save it to ServletExec AS/se-xMII/webapps/default/Lighthammer/CMSLogicEditor and ServletExec AS/se-xMII/webapps/default/Lighthammer/WEB-INF/lib. The PDFActions.jar should already exist in both locations.

Note: The iText.jar file is case sensitive. It must match the entry in the XML file.

3. Move the PDFComponentCatalog.xml file from Lighthammer/Xacute/Components/optional to Lighthammer/Xacute/Components.

4. Restart the Servlet Exec AS service.

The PDF Actions option will then appears in the xMII Logic Editor navigation menu, and the File menu includes the Generate Documentation option for the transactions

we had an "Error-Null" problem previously with configure links ..... we changed the jre version to jre-1_5_0_11-windows-i586-p...and it solved the problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Musarrat,

These are steps to be followed for 11.5.

I guess my question wasn't clear enough. I am using xMII 12.0.1.

The SAP note I mentioned talks about PDF Actions on xMII 12 . Go through that and you would know what I am talking about.

Thanks anyways.

Joseph,

JAVA 6 also runs into the same issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi udayan,

try using jre 1.6 in u r machine.

it may work

regards,

beevin