cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page break in Smartform Label

Former Member
0 Kudos

I needed to print two labels on the same letter size page in smartforms. They should be side by side on Landscape.

This is for ASN. Every label contains one container information.

I created a main window, Loop and then template. There are two cells in the template. The same text for label is created twice inside the template. If the loop count is 1, it should print the text in 1st cell and if it is 2 , it should print in 2nd cell. Then I am incrementing the counter. If it is 3 then there is new page and counter is reset to 1 again .

But it is printing on the new page with every loop pass.

So the cell is correct, but the page is new everytime.

I am trying to figure out the solution for hours and cannot find one.

Any suggestion ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are printing labels in the loop of a main window.. you need to use extra flags. And in place of template you use line type with two columns.

Inside the loop..

And for page break you need to set the logic in such a way that if there is a difference of two then you need to have a page break.

Text node for the First lable put condition by taking vairable f_flag is in initial.

and also in the output options you need select new line option check box.

Then for the Second label which will be displayed next to first label you should select in the output options new cell check box and in the condition you need to check whether value of F_FLAG eq 'X'.

Program lines need to be build after the above two nodes.

Populating the vairable you need to build logic if its odd you need to make it initial and if its Even you need to populate the F_flag with value 'X'.

You need think a lot on the logic. I have assumed based on your explanation and tried to explain logic..

Hope it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To apply a apage break in smartforms use this system function

&SFSY-PAGEBREAK&

Is set to 'X' after a page break

Regards

Pavn