Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accept message and immediately discard

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to sort out how to accept a message on an interface and do nothing with it (the equivalent of sending it to /dev/null). The idea is that the message is logged as received but no further action is required. I don't care what is in the message and I don't want to generate an error.

What is the most efficient and simplest way to do this?

Thanks.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

simplest solution is by giving a dummy business system in receiver determination and then selecting the radio button <i>End message processing without error(restart not possible)</i>

thanx

Aamir

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is the simplest and was my first attempt. Unfortunately, it also generates an error (CO_TXT_OUTBINDING_NOT_FOUND) even with "End Message Processing Without Error" selected. So, it doesn't quite work for me.

I also tried to make a condition that would never obtain in selecting an interface (e.g. 1 != 1) and that generated an error as well.

What I did get to work (no errors) was creating an Integration Process that accepts the message and then does nothing with it, but that seems like overkill.

Thanks for your response.

Rob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RobEricsson
Participant
0 Kudos

Best way I found to do this was with an simple IP that does nothing. Not very elegant, but it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Robert, I wondered if you had ever found a better solution to this idea of sending certain messages to the bit bucket without generating an error?

Regards,

Aaron