cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding tax IRS file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using RFIDYYWT to generate the IRS file for withholding taxes.However the XML file I am getting,while it seems to have some details it has plenty of zeros in it as well which probably stand for something but I do not know what,it does not make much sense.Is there any way it can be made to look better or more formatted or does the IRS have some translation software which helps it to read the file better at their end.

Thanks for taking the time to answer this issue.I will assign points generously for any good answers.

Message was edited by:

PJ Ray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PJ.

There are many zeros in the output file since there are many different amounts that the IRS is interested in, but most of which are not applicable to the vendors you're reporting for.

If you are really interested, the IRS website (www.irs.gov) has the exact publication on the format for this file. You can search for 1099 reporting on their website. I found the definition earlier, but don't remember the exact path.

You can also submit a test file to the IRS FIRE system which will interpret the data and return the status to you.

Hope this helps.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of the file formats, when it involves third party, the looks of it are not attended to. The more important aspect would be to ensure if it is readily accepted and read by receiving software. The file format must have been provided by tax authorities.

Ensure that note 1029366 has been applied.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

Thank you for your answer,the note you suggest seems to be for form 1042 while I am interested in file for 1099 reporting.I have already applied SAP note for the latest form for 1099 form.

Do you know if this note you have suggested is for the 1099 file?

Thanks for your time.

PJ

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct, am sorry, When I searched the OSS notes for the program RFIDYYWT this note appeared, and never realised that this report was being used for various programs not limited to 1099.