cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at JCE stage while installing Solman 4.0 SR3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can someone guide me how to pass ahead of this stage, as I have already tried the following.

As recommended in the instguide downloaded j2sdk-1_4_2_16-windows-i586-p.exe. which contains jre, jce in it.

Post installation of this, it creates folder for JDK at path C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16 & C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_16 for jre.

I have set the environment variable as JAVA_HOME = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16 & path as %JAVA_HOME%\bin, this resolves to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\bin.

I am currently stuck at the SAP JCE stage.

Can some one guide me what mistake am I commiting or help me by telling the corrective actions.

Thank in advance.

GABBASIS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do not unzip the JCE file. You have to point to the JCE zip file when SAPINST prompts you for JCE.

Sam

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JCE is not part of the normal J2SDK:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Check the bottom of the page, you need to download it separately.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I had done that already its a 12kb download but the installation keeps giving me some veird error everytime I give it a path, say if I gave it the path to JCE folder it will say "jce not found". What my question is what is the correct path that I need to specify in this screen, I know it is looking for Java Cryptography files & I did point it to the specific folder but it dose not move any furthure. So was not able to understand what am I doing wrong.

Thanks N Reagrds

gabbasis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to point to the FILE, not to the directory.

--

Markus

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its simple. Don't extract the jce policy zip file. Show the file directly. This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu