How does the license work? Confused here
Ok this is a dumb question. But please tell me if my understanding is correct.
1. SAP Business One 2005 and 2007 have similar license method based on hardware key? We got hardware key, give to SAP, and we got license key back to us and install?
2. What happened if the system crashed or any other situation where it requires us to re-format the hard disk? Do we need to pay some money again?
3. What if we change server? Do we need to get new license key again and pay?
4. For client workstations, do they need to have hardware key sent and get license key as the server does?
Please let me know on above so that I have a clear understanding.
Edward Neveux replied
If you are an SAP Business One Partner, you can go to the SAP PartnerEdge Portal using your "S" number to login and then under the SAP Business One section you can choose "License Request" and view the FAQ at the bottom of the page with respect to SAP Business One licensing.
If you are not a partner ... here are the answers .....
1. SAP Business One 2005 and 2007 are the same with respect to licensing.
2. If the hardware key changes, which ut may if hardware components change on the machine Business One is installed, you may be required to acquire a new license. You should be able to speak with your SAP Partner of Channel Manager to give back what you have and get a new one. It purely depend on of the Hardware ID changes due to the change.
3. Same as #2 above.
4. Each user that logs into SAP Business One requires a named user license. The Hardware ID for the License is based on the machine where the license server is installed.