cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Server not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

This actually just an FYI post for a problem that we solved. We are running 64-bit Suse Enterprise Server 9 and MaxDB. I was unable to get the J2EE server to start because libjvm.so was unable to load various lib.so files at startup (as stated in the std_bootstrap.out file). We are currently using IBM Java. The solution was to put a symbolic link to libjvm.so in the directory that contains the other lib.so files. In our case that directory was /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin. The libjvm.so file is located in /opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/jre/bin/j9vm.

I am posting this solution because we spent countless hours on OSS, SDN and Google. Figured I would save someone a similar headache.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

i'm struggling with a simular thing. Our installation is SUSE Linux 9 on AMD64 processors. The J2EE instance will not start because it cannot find the libjvm.so, although there are quite a few versions of it on the system. In which directory did you make the symbolic link?

Greetz

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please be aware, that moving/copying/linking the missing libraries is only a temporary solution in this case - if at all.

SAP note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1066142">#1066142 - Linux: libj9vm22.so: cannot open shared object file</a> describes the root cause.

Regards,

Alexander.