Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open AR

former_member1326872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to SD, FI..

Can anyone please tell me what is the transaction involved if we have to post open AR in SAP?

Please write me some explaination also to understand the following requirement:

The Billing is done in legacy system but the AR will be done in SAP. So when we develop the interface for this, what will be the input data and what the interface will do - for AR?

Thanks,any help is really appreciated..

Uma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma,

You will have to post each of the invoice in SAP. You will need doc date, doc no (Invoice No) GL accounts, amounts etc to post. You will have to decided on which all feilds you need to capture.

You can write a BDC to transfer data from legacy to SAP. First step would be to download the data from legacy. Second step would be format it in SAP BDC format. Third step would be to run the BDC which will create FI-AR entry.

You also have to decided on frequency of the batch input and some control mechanism to avoid duplicy of same set of data being uplaoded more than once.

Hope this is a helpful answer...

Regards

Santosh Hegde

former_member1326872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh ,

Could you please write me what is the transaction to post each of the invoice in SAP?

In out case, we have to create an interface to post the AR in SAP regularly since the billing will always be done in the legacy system..

Is there any IDoc available for posting the AR?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uma,

You can use FB01 T code. Advantage of using this T code is it will allow you input all the feilds of BKPF as well BSEG. In simple terms you can input the doc type, posting key date etc.

I am not aware of any IDoc as such. But even with the BDC you should be able to solve the problem I sugges check with your ABAPer and also understand the legacy system fully. Then you can decide on the batch conversion method. You also need to decided on the time intervals. I understand that it should be done regularly... what is the exact time frame like , 10 mins , 2 mins, once in a day, twice in a day etc.

Make sure that inventory is also reduced (if yours is mfg co) when you are booking the sales / AR.

Regards

Santosh Hegde