cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on function module RSSEM_CONSOLIDATION_INFOPROV3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Client is experiencing performance issues on our BCS reports. We are using a virtual cube with function module RSSEM_CONSOLIDATION_INFOPROV. they would like to use function module RSSEM_CONSOLIDATION_INFOPROV3 instead, the performance on BCS reports should be enhanced.

In The help file I have read the following things regarding the function module

RSSEM_CONSOLIDATION_INFOPROV3

I request anybody to pls clear me on this as it is very urgent.

1. Performance improvement --> there's no need to process the selection conditions anymore

what does it mean no need to process the selections conditions anymore?

2. Unused table should be cleared.

how we maintain this?

3. Some data returned from use a hash table instead to avoid this

Is the function module part of the next support pack upgrade if not what we do to upgrade?

Pls help me.Very Urgent.

Thanks in Advance

S VR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version are you on, we run BCS on BW 3.5 and we use this function module,it neglects some values not needed from the old routine , so that might improve your performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I am on 3.5 version.

Please could you expalin me in detail regarding this.

Thanks in advance

S VR

Former Member
0 Kudos

infoprov, dosent encourage you to use fiscper7 and also uses hierarcy node and node name,

infoprov3 has a code for conversion of non SID's and also using fiscper7 plus it neglects the routine for hienode and hienodename,

I guess overall infoprov3 is an improved code, so use that for your virtual cubes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Many thanks for the reply.

It is an improved code.

But as I mentioned in my post could you please explain me point wise(i.e queries in my post).

I request all to suggest me on this.

Thanks

S VR

Answers (0)