Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS configuration error - PDF form not displaying for Java WebDynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sub : Problem with configuring Adobe Document Services

We have installed .. NW2004s SP12 on HP-UX OS.

As of now all the services are working fine, recently started configuring "Adobe Document Services", followed all the instructions given in the guide.

Environment :

=============

- Configuring ADS Webservice for "BASIC" Authentication, not for SSL

- Poratl (AS JAVA) and BI (AS ABAP) are running in different systems.

- Portal using UME as the data storage.

- OS is HP-UX

Configuration Check for Interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for Java

=================================================================

1. Checking the User and Password ---

http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config -- the system displays the version number of the Adobe document services in the response area.

2. Configured Webservice for Basic Authentication -- success

In the process of testing this configuration -- i've developed a Java Webdynpro interactive form and deployed into my DEV server (NW2004s Sp12).

Unfortunately, form is displaying in my sneak preview version (Nw2004s SP9), getting error when deployed into Dev server - NW2004s SP12 on HP-UX.

We haven't installed ADS separately, making use of ADS comes with the default installation.

Error :

=======

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Reatimed out

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.adobe.pdfdocument.base.core.PDFDocumentRuntimeException: Failed to UPDATEDATAINPDF

I found that the following directory is empty in DEV server ... /usr/sap/EPL/JC03/j2ee/os_libs/adssap/XMLFormService, but not in sneak preview version.

Please do let me know to solve the problem.

Thanks

MMK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved,

OS NATIVE LIBs for ADS were not installed on HPUX OS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

If you have solved the issue could you kindly close the thread with the solution as this will help others as well. If not, then update the thread with the status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

Refer to SAP Note 867502

The above note contains the following solution.

Symptom

Read Timeout using AdobeDocumentService/InteractiveForms within Web Dynpro. The problem may occur in complex system landscapes with proxies and firewalls. As a result, the servers have different names or ports when accessed internally. As the URL generation does not generate valid URLs or even firewalls are placed between the servers, the communication between Web Dynpro and the ADS fails.

Other terms

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out, PDFObjectRuntimeException

Reason and Prerequisites

If the system runs on stack 12, the latest WD runtime patch according to note 849851 must be applied. From stack 13 on, no additional patch need to be applied.

Solution

The communication between ADS and Web Dynpro should be configured to use SOAP only. As a result, the additional http calls between the internal servers are no longer used.

Please use Visual Administrator to maintain propertysheet default:

go to Server -> Services -> Configuration Adapter -> webdynpro -> sap.com -> tcwddispwda

Please edit the entry "sap.ADSCallingMode", change that value from "http" to "soap", save the changes and restart the cluster.

Hope this helps.