Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Server is no longer responding

Hi all,

I have MDM 5.5 installed on Linux and ORACLE database 10.2 on the same server. I have installed MDM Console,Data +Import Manager on my local PC. Up to this morning everything was working fine and we had imported 2 repositories for our test project.

Today we had to reboot the Linux box. After the reboot I brought up ORACLE database and mds,mdism,mdss server without any issue. tnsping <servicename> works fine as well as sqlplus by the mdm OS user.

Now, when I go to MDM console:

I click logs and nothing happens. The tree with the 2 repositories is collapsing.

If I do DBMS setting it says: Server is no longer responding

If I try to login to the repositories it says: Server is no longer responding

If I try to unmount/delete the repositories it says the same.

I have uninstalled/resinstalled the GUIs again. Nothing changes. Somehow, when I mount the mdm server it keeps the repositories frozen and the whole Console seems not to communicate with MDM and DBMS services.

Any idea?

Hi Loukas,

It looks like you're running SP5 Patch 0. I would recommend upgrading to Patch 2. There were problems with the Console being able to detect MDS when a person's machine has had the network command "ping" disabled (which may work for you at the command prompt, but is disabled for applications, hence the "server is no longer responding" message you're getting). In Patch 2, the Console no longer uses this level of communication to determine if the server is still alive. This would also explain why one person's not having problems and you are.

Also, for CLIX, you must provide the DBMS credentials and repository credentials in order to perform a command. In other words, in your example, you said:

clix mdsStatus muscapt2 Credentials

It should look like this:

clix mdsStatus muscapt2:<your DBMS instance name>:<dbms type>:<dbms username>:<dbmspassword> <repository username>:<repository password>

e.g., for a SQL Server instance named SQL123 with username sa and password boo, and a repository username Admin with no password, the command would look like this:

clix mdsStatus muscapt2:SQL123:s:sa:boo Admin:

This is all documented in the help screen for CLIX.

Hope this helps,

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question