cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM XIF adapter, IDOC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are transferring quotes in CRM via CRMXIF adapter in IDOC format to an external system. The IDOC type is CRMXIF_ORDER_SAVE_M02. Everything is working fine but when the quote is changed in R/3 for additional line items or pricing changes or something like that, it actually creates 2 IDOCs eachtime. For system level update and normal update between R/3 & CRM ( 2 BDOCS). This extra load of IDOCs is causing a huge problem in the receiving system because there are 2 IDOCS getting created for the same data within a span of seconds and their system does a full update eachtime they get an IDOC.

It has considerably increased the load on both the Gentran System(middleware IDOC handling system) and the receiving system and at times causing inconsistencies in the data because the 2nd idoc is waiting in the queue even they are trying to update the quote in their system with the first IDOC.

My question is did anyone faced this problem? How can you control the 2nd IDOC from not getting generated. If you cannot control that part is there workaround for this problem.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I am a new guy for XIF adapter. I am wondering how can you post the IDoc CRMXIF_ORDER_SAVE_M02 to the R/3 system ?

I mean in R/3 there is not this kinds of idoc type. How you process it there ?

Actually I meet a requirement, that after a service confirmation was created, a bdoc with bus_trans_msg will be sent to middleware and from the middleware I was asked to create a IDOC to consume the confirmed spare part to erp system.

But I am wondering which Idoc type I should choose ? and am I free to choose Idoc type ? If now what can I do to realize the requirement ?

If you have any suggestion, it will be highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Second Idoc Can be stopped only by checking few conditions. It is basically dependent on the requirement, In our case it was strange so ignore this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The subscription setup for the XIF Adapter may have to be modified to filter for a specific value to trigger the IDoc generation.

What version of CRM are you running and what XIF site subscription have you set up for the Quotations?

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have already setup the sunscriptions & sites. We are on CRM 4.0 & site type is - external interface for IDOC's. Subscription publication is - Business Transactions by Process type which is a simple intelligent message. All that is taken care of already.

Everything is running fine, its just the extra idocs that is the problem. There is absolutely no change in the quotation data from the first Idoc to Second Idoc. So there is no value available for me to filter the IDOC's and stop the second Idoc from getting generating. As I mentioned the 2nd idoc gets generated bcoz there is a system level update (system header & item) inside the quote. You will know what it is if you can look into the change log in a quote or order in your CRM system.

Thanks !!