Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding a WF item

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question is similar to this thread:

except I am using 4.7. The thread says to look at the PTREQ* tables but they don't exist on my system.

WF Admin forwards a Timesheet but when Approver tries to 'Execute' the step in the ESS he is told 'No Data Found For Approval'.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroc

Is this approver able to execute it when they receive it through the normal workflow process? Check if there is any limitation on the task/agent assignment?

What is the main workflow you are using? Could this be an authorisation issue?

Additinally, if the above does not help, with the message class and number, do a where-used list from SE91 to see the origin of that message and investigate accordingly.

Regards

Croc Hunter!

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies:

Q: "But I wonder why you get this message - 'No Data Found For Approval'. I think it's due to lack of data. Why dont you check the same."

A: When I look at the R/3 approval transaction on the back-end system there is data there.

Q: "Is this approver able to execute it when they receive it through the normal workflow process? Could this be an authorisation issue? "

A: yes, a direct approval in WF works fine. looks like authorisations may be the culprits alright.

One test I carried out was:

1. created a timesheet in ESS which went to the appropriate manager and was processable

2. forwarded the Timesheet to another manager which produced the 'No Data found' error.

3. forwarded the Timesheet back to the original manager and the sheet was processable again

Whether this is because it was the original user or because of its authorisations, I'm not sure?

Thanks.

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kroc,

Sounds like authorizations to me. Try sending it to a user with exactly the same authorizations as the original manager.

Regards,

Martin

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Sounds like authorizations to me. Try sending it to a user with exactly the same authorizations as the original manager.

>

I agree, and to be more specific I think this is structural authorizations. Perhaps that is what Martin was also thinking about.

Thus you won't (necessarily) see it in the user maintenance dialog. The concept and customizing is explained in the online help, so search <a href="http://help.sap.com">SAP's online documentation</a> and read the documentation in the Implementation Guide.

aidan_mulcahy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kjetil,

max points go to you for being the first person to mention structural authorisations. That's the issue alright. Took the user out of the table and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kroc,

Well, in ECC 5+, the leave application works on WDJ application. But in R/3 4.7, I think itz normal Dynpro form. So you got to check the corresponding tables in 4.7 if you want to know more about in R/3 Leave process.

But I wonder why you get this message - 'No Data Found For Approval'. I think it's due to lack of data. Why dont you check the same.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check whether the Object exist in by testing the respective Business Object