cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post installation steps without SAP OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I installed SAP Solution Manager 4.0SR2, I have patched the system and now would like to configure them.

My vital goal is to set uo MOPZ functionality. Unfortunately we are no agreed about the concept of OSS and do not have configured OSS

Which OSS-strategy is more advantageous:

- ISDN or VPN?

Which post installation steps can be done without having OSS?

- setting up the systems in SMSY, generating RFC, configuring EWA

- setting up/preparing MOPZ (activate BC sets, generate users)

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

SMSY doesn't need OSS access by default - just in case you want to synchronize installation numbers with it. RFCs can be generated without. For EWA you will need OSS (installation of ST/A-PI and relevant notes, getting the latest service definitions etc.)

shailesh

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Please see my posting above, for EWA the SAP Solution Manager system or the Satellite System does not require a connection to OSS.

You need access to SAP Support Portal to get the latest software shipments (and to confirm the Download of current Support Packages via MOPZ).

Regards,

Ruediger

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My vital goal is to set uo MOPZ functionality.

> Unfortunately we are no agreed about the concept of

> OSS and do not have configured OSS

without an OSS access SAP is unable to provide support, with or without Solution Manager

> Which OSS-strategy is more advantageous:

> - ISDN or VPN?

It depends on your strategy - if you have an internet connection already (with a fixed IP) I'd go for VPN, if you don't have it and you want a quick solution, use ISDN.

> Which post installation steps can be done without

> having OSS?

SMSY doesn't need OSS access by default - just in case you want to synchronize installation numbers with it. RFCs can be generated without. For EWA you will need OSS (installation of ST/A-PI and relevant notes, getting the latest service definitions etc.)

The BC-Sets can be imported without OSS.

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus and Thom,

Even for customers who do not allow communication to SAP, it's possible to process EWA in their SAP Solution Manager system.

The required service definitions (for SDCCN) can be imported via a transport provided by SAP.

See SAP Note <a href="http://www.service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/727998">727998</a>, section Step 2: Re-import the service definitions d) Systems as described in c) which for security or infrastructure reasons do not exchange RFC calls with the outside world......

SAP recommends to connect the system OSS and to allow a remote connection.

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP recommends to connect the system OSS and to allow

a remote connection.

I wonder how people should use MOPZ without having OSS connection

On our last upgrade preparation I needed to call MOPZ 11 times - because we had dependencies during BIND, that were nowhere mentioned before. It´s such a waste of time...

If I had some more time, I´d write a small C/C++-program to be executed on the saprouter, that does the function call to the OSS and "confirms" the download basket without that overhead of MOPZ. I´m sure there´d be a "market" for that

--

Markus

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I wrote, EWA does not require an OSS connection, that's a fact. Any concerns?

MOPZ requires connection from the SAP Solution Manager to OSS.

Regards,

Ruediger