cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter Messages still in status "To Be Delivered"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

We configured a PO scenario EBP > XI > Vendor with an outgoing SOAP Adapter Interface. The message processing through the XI incl. Mapping works fine but the POs hangs at outbound SOAP Adapter interface. The connection to the vendor over ISA server works fine and all required Ports 80/443 are open (no Firewall issue). At RW\Component Monitoring\Communication Channel Monitoring i detect the SOAP communication channel in status "Channel started but inactive". Under RW\Message Monitoring i detect the POs in status "To Be Delivered" and under Details following informations:

Audit Log:

Time Stamp Status Description

2007-10-18 15:44:48 Success Message successfully received by messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://localhost:50500/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): XIISUSER

2007-10-18 15:44:48 Success Using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2007-10-18 15:44:48 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2007-10-18 15:44:48 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue

Message Data:

Attribute Value

Status To Be Delivered

Repeatable Yes

Cancelable Yes

Error Category

Error Code

Start 18.10.2007 15:44:48

End

Sender Party

Sender Service BTS_EBP

Receiver Party Vendor_Dummy

(http://sap.com/xi/XI,XIParty)

Receiver Service BS_SPL_Vendor_Dummy

Interface urn:aps-com:xi:Supplier:PurchaseOrder:RCV

MI_PurchaseOrderChangeRequest_In

Quality of Service Exactly Once in Order

Message dfd683c8-1fc9-614a-93f6-42858f211cd5

Reference

Conversation ID ORD7500993115

Serialization Context INBOUND_ORD7500993115_Vendor_Dummy

Direction INBOUND

Message Type Recv

Profile XI

Connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

Transport HTTP

End Point http://localhost:50500/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI

Authorization PasswordCredential(XIISUSER):password=********

Sequential Number 2

Number of Retries 3

Failed 0

Retries 300000

Valid to

Persist Until 17.11.2007 14:44:48

Schedule Time 18.10.2007 15:44:48

What is the cause why we aren't able to deliver POs respective restart stopped message?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TO BE Delivered means sent sucessfully from the IS point of view might be got stcuk in the Queue.......

check the queues,......run the CPA cache...it will work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

I performed a complete "CPA cache" but no changes!

Still "To Be Delivered" and at Audit Log "The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue".

It looks like that the messages received the Adapter but the SOAP Adapter do nothing!

@Bhavesh, the SOAP Adapter channel is active!

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's the status on the adapter in RWB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khan,

the Adapter Monitoring is now part of the Channel Monitoring and there i have following Status information:

<i><b>Channel started but inactive</b></i>

This information is usual for SOPA adapter if the adapter processed one file.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you think it could be related to the Quality of Service?

<i><b>Exactly Once in Order</b></i>

Regards,

Jochen

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your Qouality of serveice in the SOAP adapter / the SOAP Header EOIO , if yes then this is the problem.

Also, make sure that the option Maintain Interface Order at Runtime is not selected in the interface determination.

If QOS is EOIO, look into this blog by stefan to debug this issue,.

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

this looks like exactely this but I am not able to find any error messages!

How can in find the respective Conversation Id (Queue name)?

Its seems the SOAP Adapter is only still not working? Messages arrived the Adapter Queue but no ongoing processing!

Many Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u are using the QoS then u can find the qname from the sender adapter...

when we use QoS EOIO then we have to give the qname in the sender adapter that is automatically created.

Also...if messages are in To be delivered or holding or waiting state it means any one of the message in AF get stuck(means went into System error). u have to cancel that message and u can resend test of the messages.

Note...the message can be go in systems error for the reason like:

Target is down..then Adapter will try to send the message in 3 trials then it go in System Error and that stuck in the EOIO queue. until and unless u will not clear that stuck message other message will be in that waiting. holding or TBD state.

thanks

farooq.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I would suggets you do.

Go to Message Monitoring.

Give the detail of the Receiver Service and then select option Message Status "System Erorr " and / or "Holding" and ./.

You will / should find the culprit message that is holding the Queue up, Cancel this message and the rest of the messahes would go through.

Also, if you have multiple inbound interface in the interface determination, Maintain Interface Order At Runtime will also make the QOS as EOIO. Deselect this option in the interface determination,.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh, hi Farooq,

many thank for you very helpfully answer!

Who and how can i change the Quality of Service in the Receiver (Message comes from EBP to XI) Adpter configuration (Adaper Type XI, Sender).

In these configuration i am not able to find any configuration for QualityOfSevice!

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

the problem is solved and was related to a bug at Adapter Frame Work (Core) patch level. After increase to the highest patch level for stack 18 a lot of messages with status "system error" was displayed. Now we was able to cancel all these messages for release the blocked queue!

Many thanks to all of you for professional support!

Regards,

Jochen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>"Channel started but inactive".</b>

This is the issue.

Open the integration directory and the SOAP adapter. AT the bottom you will find the Drop Down STATUS . Make sure that the option Active is selected .If no, make it active and then activate the SOAP adapter

Regards

Bhavesh