Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing pages based on condition in smart forms

madhu_reddy22
Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

i have a requirement where in i should be creating 12 letters using smart forms. There will be check boxes on the selection screen to decide which letters have to be printed. What is the best approach for this.

I planned to create 12 pages . But is it possible to print only particular pages based on check box selected. i mean if we select the 5th, 8th and 11th letters, then can we get only these as output . If it is possible then how are we supposed to code this in the driver program. I hope i am clear .

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a number of ways to do this, all perfectly valid.

Create 12 smartforms, based on which check boxes are selected call the required smartforms.

Create 1 smartform, have the 12 flags as import parameters and as a condition on each page (PAGE1 when flag1 = 'X', PAGE2 when flag2='X' etc).

Or group the pages and create 2 Smartforms with 6 pages, 4 smartforms with 3, etc.

It could depend on if all of the pages use the same data from the calling program and if you want to have the output on one or multiple spool requests, for one of many printers.

Regards,

Nick

madhu_reddy22
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have about 25 fields which will be distributed between the 12 forms.

So i will have to create a smart form which will have the 25 fields and 12 flags as the import parameters .

I will create 12 pages.

Based on the check boxes selected in the selection screen of the driver program i will activate the corresponding flags for the parameters of the function module.

As you said "a condition on each page (PAGE1 when flag1 = 'X', PAGE2 when flag2='X' etc).". Where and how do we write this condition. Are we supposed to do this in the smart form itself or in the driver program.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at this in more detail I think your logic will have to sit in the print program and that 12 forms will be easier than 1 form with 12 pages. I assumed a condition could be applied to the page, whereas it can only be applied to windows or lower. While you could still in theory build 1 form it will be way more complex than building 12.

Regards,

Nick

Answers (0)