cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating folder hierarchy in Documents Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a requirement that when a user creates a Quotation he should get a folder structure created in the documents tab ,something like this:

1. Customer Request

Initial Request and Min Info

Network Analysis

2. Design and Quote

3. Acceptance

Has anyone done somthing like this or has an idea on how to achieve this.

Any help would be useful.Points will be rewarded.

Pallav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In CRM 4.0 you have something called "Define Template Profile" where you need to create a profile for the business object type. Please read documentation in IMG.

Later you need to assign this profile with the templates. "Define Document Templates"

I think this should help you.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

Follow the below Steps in SPRO:

1. Customer Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Content Management->Define Templates for Folders

Give a name and description. Right click in the area below and choose Create Folder.

Here create a template:

Customer Request

Initial Request and Min Info

Network Analysis

Design and Quote

Acceptance

2. Customer Relationship Management->Basic Functions->Content Management->Assign Transaction Types to Templates for Folder and Doc. Template Profiles

Assign the template name for the quotation transaction type.

• I have given the path with respect to CRM 5.0. For CRM 4.0 search for customizing of content management.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini

Thanks a lot.

CRM 4.0 this customizing is not available.

Can you tell me the table where this assignment data goes so that we can replicate the scenario in 4.0.

I am rewarding points for all your help.

Thanks a lot

Pallav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After doing lot of R&D we are still not able to achieve this requirement in CRM 4.0.

It's very critical and important for us so if anyone has done this, please reply.

The assignment configuration for Folder Template to Sales Transaction is not available in 4.0.

Can you suggest any workarounds ?

Best Regards

Pallav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pallavi,

To get the Folder Structure in the Document tab, make use of document templates.

1. Customer Relationship Management Basic Functions Content Management Define Document Templates

Here u can choose BUS2000115 and click on the button near the Pencil mark.

2. Customer Relationship ManagementBasic Functions Content Management  Define Templates for Folders

Here u can create a template. Right click below and say create Folder.

Try them out.

Regards,

Shalini Chauhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your answer.It was quite helpful.

Though I have a problem here.

I am using CRM 4.0.

I could not find any place where I can assign the folder template to Sales Transaction.

Any ideas?

Regards

Pallav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Is there any possibilities of assigning folder template to Quotation transaction in CRM 4.0 ?

Thanks

Pallav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any directions Folks???