cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to find a forum for Identity Management. I have a few questions regarding UME. Hopefully someone can answer my queries.

1. How do we trace the J2EE/ UME roles or actions. Is there something like we have su53 or st01 for JAVA stack? I was looking at the logs & traces in SAP NWA tool but i could not understand them.

2. On the UME, I’m getting the following error when I try to drill down from GROUPS->ROLES-> ACTIONS. UME is NW04S. This error is occurring for only custom roles created on ABAP..the standard User groups are working fine. Please look at the following for the error description.

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.InvalidUrlRuntimeException: Invalid URL=/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsecumewdumeadmin/MaintainRoleDetailApp?uniqueId=ROLE.UME_ROLE_PERSISTENCE.un:role for security

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.url.AbstractURLGenerator.checkURL(AbstractURLGenerator.java:658)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.url.core.URLGeneratorInternal.checkURL(URLGeneratorInternal.java:352)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.createNonModalExternalWindow(ClientComponent.java:1037)

at com.sap.security.core.wd.relaterole.RelateRoleComp.showDetails(RelateRoleComp.java:704)

at com.sap.security.core.wd.relaterole.wdp.InternalRelateRoleComp.showDetails(InternalRelateRoleComp.java:318)

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi sapsec,

Nice name, by the way. The logs in the NWA will show authorization problems. A good bet is to take a look in the security log and the audit log.

See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/a0/58db515b95b64181ef0552dc1f5c50/frameset.htm.

As far as your second problem goes, I do not quite understand what it is you are doing in the UI. Let me see if I understand you.

1. You create a role on the back-end ABAP system.

2. You look at the group representing this role in the AS Java identity management application.

3. You view the roles assigned to this group.

4. ????? There is no option to look at the actions in the UI at this point.

Can you clarify?

-Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Michael

There is an option for available actions in the UI but the error appears when I try to access that option.

Fyi ..after creating the role on the backend ABAP system (say eg Z:Test)..this role shows up as user group on the UME. Then i assign a UME role (say eg. SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT which has some actions).

Now ..I try to access the User group Z:Test and view the role SAP_JAVA_Support

..but when i try to access the Assigned Ume actions from that role ..it shows the mentioned error.

MichaelShea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

So you search for and find the SAP_JAVA_SUPPORT role and then view the tab, "Assigned Roles." Then you get the error. Hmmm. Very odd. That is not a problem I have encountered.

-Michael

Answers (0)